Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Doodlebug Design: Inspired by

Hi Everyone!  The Doodlebug Design Team was challenged to find a project on the Doodlebug Pinterest Boards that inspired us, and to create a project based on that pin.  It was tough to narrow it down to just one project, but I found this beautiful layout by Melinda Spinks and had to scraplift it! 
What immediately caught my eye were Melinda's washi tape flowers...such a clever idea! Here is my version of her layout.....
 
 
To make the layout my own, I went more bold with the colors, using some fun papers from the new Hello Sunshine collection, and lots of bright Swiss Dot Washi tapes.

 
To create the flowers, I covered pieces of Lily White Cardstock with the different tapes.  I then ran them through my Big Shot using some MFT Dienamics to create the flower shapes.
 
 
I finished the flowers with some washi centers, and a few Bright Glitter Sprinkles.  It was such a fun layout to put together!  I love how similar and different the two layouts turned out!  That's it for me today! Make sure to stop by the Doodlebug Blog for more "inspired by" projects this week...you won't be disappointed! 
 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!