Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Doodlebug Design: Smash-Up Challenge

Hi Everyone! Today I have a fun project for the Doodlebug Smash-Up Challenge. The Smash-Up Challenge is a combination of our two most popular challenges:  the "Color Challenge" and the "Inspired by" Challenge!  The DT each picked one of the Doodlebug colors to feature in a project that is inspired by one of our favorite Doodlebug projects!  I chose Lilac as my color, and Traci Penrod's CREATE Letter Project as my inspiration.  Here's what I came up with...



I made these for my daughter, who will be attending Holy Cross (HC) in the fall.  The college's colors are purple and white.  I created the marquee letters using a files I found in the Silhouette Store using some Lilac Swiss Dot Petite Prints, as well as some Lilac Dot Grid Petite Print paper.  Once they were put together, I added some battery operated stringed lights and bulbs from Heidi Swapp.  They took a little patience, but I'm thrilled with how they turned out!  Here are some close ups...



I can't wait to see these in her dorm room!  That's it for me today.  Make sure to stop by the Doodlebug Blog for more Smash-Up inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by to peek! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!