Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Doodlebug Design: Hostess Gift K-Cup Christmas Tree

Hi Everyone, it's I'm on the Doodlebug Blog today with a fun idea for a Hostess/Neighbor Gift.  The holidays are full of fun and festivities, I'm thankful for our friends and family who open their homes to us, and want to make sure they know how much I appreciate them!  One friend in particular hosts our neighborhood holiday party every year, she's wonderful.  She also loves her daily French vanilla coffee, so I decided to make a gift featuring her favorite /drink...



I created this fun tree using K-Cup coffee pods as the base. You could use the Tea K-Cups or Cocoa K-Cups as well.   This would be a fun gift for a coworker or teacher, anywhere there is a Keurig Machine!  Here's how I put it all together...
 
 
I started with 21 K-Cups, 21 paper circles (I cut these from the Here Comes Santa Claus 6 x 6 pad, and the Gingham Linen Petite Prints 6x6 Pad.) and a backing for the cups cut from a sheet of Grasshopper Gingham Linen Petite Prints.  I designed this backing in my silhouette and am happy to share the file with you here!


 
Using removable glue dots, I attached a paper circle to each of the K-Cups. 


 
Next, using foam squares, I attached each K-Cup to the tree backing starting on the top.


 
 
 
Once the K-cups were all attached, I set to decorating my "tree" using items from the Doodlebug Design Here Comes Santa Claus Collection including the Christmas Assortment Matte Sprinkles, Candy Cane and Holly Berry Shaped Sprinkles, and stickers from the Icons Sheet and some Odds and Ends.  I also added some of the new Here Come's Santa Cut Files available in the Silhouette Store and the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop
 
 




I can't wait to give it to her!  She will be so happy.  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful design. I was looking for a way to make a "Keurig tree" and I absolutely love this! Thanks! My Secret Santa will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!